May 17 - GEFONT affiliate The Union of Trekking Travels Rafting Workers Nepal (UNITRAV submitted 07 points charter of demands to the Minister for Labour and Employment Deepak Bohara on the problems faced by airlines and himalayan & trekking sector workers .
The demands include:
• End the contractor system and manage to provide appointment through Company directly
• Guarantee of workers facilities including insurance, social security and employment for all permanent , temporary workers working in Airport
• Implementation of agreement held between TAAN and workers
• Establish the rescue centre,rest shelter and health centre at every trekking route
• Formation of high-level taskforce in order to solve the problems of tourism sector workers.