GEFONT 86th National Executive Committee Meeting Concludes adopting various important resolutions
April 17 - GEFONT 86th National Executive Committee Meeting has been concluded adopting different resolutions & future plan proposed by GEFONT Secratariat.
Meeting has decided to organise 28th April Workers Commemoration Day jointly with other Trade Unions. And also decided to mark May Day grandly with the slogan " Transformation: By Building workers power; Building Workers Power through implementation of Constitution". Big Mass will be mobilised in Kathmandu organising the Rally & Mass Gathering will be address by CPN UML General Secretary Ishwor Pokharel. Similarly decided to celebrate May Day in different Zones organing grand programs.
Likewise Meeting has made various important decisions to
- Conduct the Training for the GEFONT Central Zonal & Affiliates Labour Relation Council Members regarding disputes handling
- Make regulations to operate GEFONT Solidarity Fund From Jan 1 2017. And Conduct Gathering of President of those Committees which supported in the Fund by September
- Form 3 members working committee with GEFONT Policy Institute Director Umesh Upadhyaya, Vetarans Unionist Network Coordinator Uddav K.C and GEFONT Governing Council Member Binda Pandey to select the candidates for Madhav Neupane, Nuru Wanchhu Sherpa award as well as Ganga Devi Scholarship this year
- Mobilise Women Committee to increase the women members according to the GEFONT commitment with the ITUC Campaign to increase 5 % women membership and 33% women representation in every Committees by 2018.
- Organise the Workshop to indentify Women Agenda on Changing National Context by June
- Organise Zonal Youth Training to train new youth leaders & members
- Organise GEFONT Delegates Council Meeting
- Publish Year Trade Union Rights 2016
- Declare the Disaster Management Working Committee Report and organise Workshop with experts to develop more concrete view on it
- Organise the Workshop to adopt the GEFONT perception on management of Labour Administration for Federal Implementation and publicise it.
GEFONT 86th Meeting has also demanded to adopt the necessary laws on labour related issues guarantee by new Constitution & sternly implement it. Likewise, demanded to make the law to guarantee the Workers Representatives in every elected bodies of the state.
Meeting has further demanded for
- Guarantee of the workers Representatives in Inclusive Commission guaranteed by the Constitution
- Immediate formation of Economic & Social relation Committee under the Parliament as well as workers representation for implementation of Constitution
- Adopt the Social Security Act & Implement according to the plan made
- Adopt the Labour Law by Parliament immediately
- Conduct Authentic Election in all Enterprises by July 15
- Demanded all Employers to increase the salary of workers according the minimum wage set by Government & also demanded to increase the wage for Agriculture sector
- Create the employments within the Country & Mobilise Nepali workers for reconstruction work after Earthquake
Meeting has also demanded
- The Casino Employers to provide salary, Provident Fund etc to the workers as the workers are facing economic crisis due to Casino Employers disputes.
- End the exploitation by Contractor in the Airport and other employment sectors
The Meeting has also declared the condolence to the GEFONT members & family members who died during last 6 months period.
GEFONT President, Cde. Bishnu Rimal, presented his remarks in the closing session whereas GEFONT Delegates Council Chief cde. Mukunda Neupane spoke on First day of the Meeting.