No Child Labour
No Child Labour content
TARGTING TO INTOLORABLE:
GEFONT Code of Conduct against the Exploitation of Child Labour
Commitment for not using Child Labour
• GEFONT member's shall not use Domestic Child Labour (DCL) under 14 years and encourage employing the adult workers for domestic services.
• The GEFONT shall not engage Child Labour as in any kind of it's' activities.
• The members and GEFONT affiliates will act to stop use of child labour in their districts/workplaces. They will lobby not to engage children below 14 years in any kind of work and, children between 14-18 years would only be engaged lighter work only after necessary medical check-up.
• GEFONT Contributes towards the elimination of child labour and treat the children in better way as well as shall include Rules to (Prohibit and Regulate) Child Labour, 2061 in the collective bargaining issues. With regard to working children, GEFONT will persuade to rehabilitate them.
• Persuades in providing alternative arrangements to children after withdrawal or safe passage to their families. To behave advocate for decent behaviours towards children who are legally working with social organisation instead of leaving them on street and will behave humanly to the workers as per the law.
Commitment for Decent Behaviour
• Child workers shall not be permitted to involve in the worst forms of child labour as well as shall not be forced, bonded and exploited at any cost.
• If there is any Domestic Child Labour already engaged in work, they shall not be engaged more than six hours a day; they shall not be engaged in early morning as well as till late evening. They shall be provided decent wages and facilities as well as other safety nets including proper lodging/food as well as well treatment.
• Ensure the Domestic Child Labourers are treated as a family member and send them to school. They shall be kept away from any kind of exploitation, physical abuse and discrimination.
• Assist providing the child labour for proper medical services including rest and pay-leave during sick period.
• Assist in facilitating child labour including DCL to meet the family members and visit their home. Act as a good guardian to keep the children away from unwanted habits.
Take initiative in raising social awareness
• GEFONT Members and affiliates will proactively engage in fulfilling the commitments made so far in their areas. They will be mobilised to achieve the commitment.
• Fight against the labour exploitation, violence and, oppose it as well as make it public. At the same time take the necessary legal actions and punish the concerned.
• Boycott child exploiters from the society or shall not to use any products made by child labour or persuade to implement any kind of forceful means to eliminate child labour.
• Advocate enrolling children to school with a message "Children out of work and into School and Adult into work".
Assist in policy development
• Assist in child registration with local government
• Assist in developing policy and its implementation in line with child labour Conventions and contribute in eliminating child labour.
• Develop social protection mechanism based on registration system and mobilise to implement it.